A Message from the Board Chair Regarding COVID-19
As you are aware, the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), which initially started in Wuhan, China in December 2019, is currently spreading across the United States.
We are also aware there have been questions regarding the status of our upcoming Spring Meeting and Networking Event, April 10, 2020. Based on conversations, we are continuing with our meeting as planned. While the risk of transmission remains low, the safety of our membership is of utmost importance. Therefore, we are issuing the following guidelines for the upcoming meeting:
- Members who are currently sick with fevers of 100.4 F or greater or are showing signs of a fever and any other related symptoms should stay home.
- Members who are currently taking fever-reducing or any other symptom-altering medicines should stay home.
- Wash your hands regularly with hot water and soap for at least 20 seconds or more to avoid spreading germs.
- Members who show signs of a fever, excessive coughing and/or sneezing may be asked to voluntarily quarantine or leave the meeting to protect the safety and wellness of others.
- Members should practice safe cough, sneeze etiquette, and hand hygiene at the entrance to all hotels, Vaughn College and off-site venues.
- To limit exposure, Members should refrain from hugging, shaking, and holding hands.
- Members traveling should anticipate travel delays for airport screenings and flight and/or registration cancellations from affected areas, and monitor government travel notices for additional information.
While these measures may seem strict to some, please understand that they are to protect the wellbeing and safety of all members attending our Spring Meeting and Networking Event. We will continue to monitor the impact of the coronavirus and will advise of any modifications to our plans accordingly.
Thank you for your continued vigilance.
Chair, Board of Directors
Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals
- Project Aerospace
- Aerospace Professionals in School (APIS)
- Aerospace Career Education (ACE) Academy
- Solo Flight Academy (SFA)
- Luke Weathers Flight Academy (LWFA)
- Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP)
- View All Programs
- Program Regions