United Airlines Seeking Interns
Intern -Flight Operations, Pilot – Professional Flight
The Flight Operations team includes aircraft pilots and pilot support.
Job overview and responsibilities
The United Airlines Flight Operations- Professional Pilot Internship Program (FOIP) is designed to give enrolled students insight and exposure into the operation of a global airline. The FOIP combines a student’s academic and career interests with valuable work experience in the commercial air carrier environment.
During the internship the student will be assigned a mentor to work with who is responsible for monitoring their progress throughout the semester. The mentor will be responsible for assigning tasks, special projects and directing the intern on a daily basis. Throughout the course of the FOIP, the responsibility of the interns will not only encompass their respective base and office, but there may also be opportunities to travel to other cities within our network on business trips and off site visits. Internships are offered in the various Flight Operations departments and various cities.
- Must be a current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical science or related field
- Must be at least a Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate Student within one year of graduation at the start of the internship
- FAA Instrument rating required
- FAA Commercial Certificate highly preferred
- FAA Multi-Engine Rating preferred
- FAA Medical (First, Second, or Third) required
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA required
- Valid Passport required for international travel experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without sponsorship
- Must pass a U.S. drivers/criminal background check and drug screen
- Must be willing to find and pay for housing in respective city
The starting monthly salary for this position is $3,033.00, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, education and skills. This range is based on a full-time schedule.
Bonus eligible: no
At United, we offer a competitive compensation package, with benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability, parental leave, employee assistance program, commuter, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, and flight privileges.
Salary and benefits information is being included in this job posting in accordance with Colorado state law.
- Project Aerospace
- Aerospace Professionals in School (APIS)
- Aerospace Career Education (ACE) Academy
- Solo Flight Academy (SFA)
- Luke Weathers Flight Academy (LWFA)
- Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP)
- View All Programs
- Program Regions