OBAP ACE Academy
Las Vegas Nevada
The Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals Summer ACE Academy is a nationally recognized program co-sponsored by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees (NBCFAE).
The purpose of Aerospace Career Education (ACE) is to offer first-level exposure to the aviation industry by providing aviation career exploration for middle and high school students. Academy participants learn about aviation history, the theory of flight, and other aviation-related subjects. Students will have the opportunity to go on field trips to aviation facilities, museums and participate in other hands-on activities designed to give students a total aviation experience.
ACE Academy is a five-day event for students age 13-17 who have a general interest in learning about aviation. The goal of ACE Academy is to expose students to the many different careers in aviation. We also aim to show them the practical application of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) subjects they study in the classroom. By the end of the program, we hope that the participants will have a wider horizon of the many opportunities available to them. We challenge our students to strive for excellence.
Follow Las Vegas Ace Academy @
Meet the Team
The ACE program is designed to expose youths to the wide variety of career opportunities in aviation. The goal is to provide an opportunity for students to receive hands-on experience of learning the history of aviation, fundamentals of aerodynamics, the role of government in aviation, and the many careers available in the aviation industry.
Students will meet Aviation Professionals and participate in field trips to a variety of aviation facilities and educational institutions.
The ACE Academy is a five-day event for students age 13-17 who have a general interest in learning about aviation. The goal of ACE Academy is to expose students to the many different careers in aviation. We also aim to show them the practical application of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) subjects they study in the classroom. By the end of the program, we hope that the participants will have a wider horizon of the many opportunities available to them. We challenge our students to strive for excellence.
Admission is offered to boys and girls from 14 to 18 years old who have an interest in learning about aviation. Applicants are competitively ranked based on age, cumulative GPA, and essay.
(Note: the minimum age requirements may vary (age 13); contact your academy director via email)
- Students must be physically capable of participating in all activities.
- High standards of behavior and self-discipline are expected and students must abide by all academy regulations.
There is an application deadline noted on the webpage
The requirements are:
- Submit a completed online ACE Academy application.
- Complete the online essay.
- Write and submit an essay of one page (only one page) expressing your interest in aviation. You may include your hobbies, civic involvement, and extra-curricular activities
- We recommend you give some thought to your essay as it is reviewed by your director.
- You may also consider typing it in MS Word or another text editor and cut and paste the content into the essay text block. Note you are only allowed a certain amount of space.
- During registration, you will be asked to submit a copy of your most recent official school transcript or report card indicating your cumulative GPA.
Incomplete registrations will not be considered for admission and all documents will be discarded.
Students will experience various aspects of aviation through classroom instruction, experiments, and field trips. The highlight of the week is the small aircraft flight. Below is our current schedule for 2020. (subject to minor changes)
Las Vegas Ace Academy
Revision 1 (UPDATED 2/12: 1:24 PM)
June 8 - 13
2705 Airport Dr
North Las Vegas Airport
Las Vegas ACE Academy Map
Contact this ACE Academy
View all Ace Academies
- Project Aerospace
- Aerospace Professionals in School (APIS)
- Aerospace Career Education (ACE) Academy
- Solo Flight Academy (SFA)
- Luke Weathers Flight Academy (LWFA)
- Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP)
- View All Programs
- Program Regions