OUR COVID-19 POLICY:
OBAP ACE Academy
City: Tampa, Florida
Date: July 31 - August 4, 2023
Registration Ends: July 17, 2023
Meet the Team
Our ACE Academy is designed to expose youths to the wide variety of career opportunities in aviation and aerospace. Our program offers students a hands-on experience of learning the aviation history, fundamentals of aerodynamics, the role of government in aviation and the many careers available in the aerospace field.
The ACE Academy is a multi-day event for middle and high school students that have a general interest in learning about aviation. The goal of ACE Academy is to expose students to the many different careers in aviation. We also aim to show them the practical application of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) subjects. By the end of the program, we hope that the participants will have a wider horizon of the many career opportunities available to them. We challenge our students to strive for excellence.
Admission is offered to boys and girls ages 13 to 18 years old who have an interest in learning about aviation. Applicants are competitively ranked based on age, and cumulative GPA.
Students must be physically capable of participating in all activities. High standards of behavior and self-discipline are expected and students must abide by all academy regulations. If you have any questions, please contact your ACE Academy Director.
Applications must be received by the deadline noted above to be considered. Because capacity is limited, only completed applications will be considered.
Incomplete registrations will not be considered for admission and all documents will be discarded.
Register for ACE Academy
*Be sure to select the box next to the ACE academy of your choice before you begin!
This year, we are offering a limited number of fee waivers for each ACE. To be considered for a fee waiver, students must meet one or more of the following eligibility criteria.
You're eligible for fee waivers if you say "yes" to any of the following:
- You're enrolled in or eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You're enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., Federal TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Your family receives public assistance.
- You live in federally subsidized public housing or a foster home or are homeless.
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan.
View all Ace Academies
- Project Aerospace
- Aerospace Professionals in School (APIS)
- Aerospace Career Education (ACE) Academy
- Solo Flight Academy (SFA)
- Luke Weathers Flight Academy (LWFA)
- Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP)
- View All Programs
- Program Regions