OUR COVID-19 POLICY:
OBAP & OSU Maintenance ACE Academy
City: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Date: July 11-15, 2022
Registration Ends: July 8, 2022
Meet the Team
Celebrating our Sponsors
Our ACE Academy is designed to expose youth to a wide variety of career opportunities in aviation and aerospace. Our program offers students a hands-on experience of learning the aviation history, fundamentals of aerodynamics, the role of government in aviation, and the many careers available in the aerospace field.
The ACE Academy is a multi-day event for middle and high school students that have a general interest in learning about aviation. The goal of ACE Academy is to expose students to the many different careers in aviation. We also aim to show them the practical application of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) subjects. By the end of the program, we hope that the participants will have a wider horizon of the many career opportunities available to them. We challenge our students to strive for excellence.
Admission is offered to boys and girls ages 13 to 18 years old who have an interest in learning about aviation. Applicants are competitively ranked based on age, and cumulative GPA.
Students must be physically capable of participating in all activities. High standards of behavior and self-discipline are expected and students must abide by all academy regulations. If you have any questions, please contact your ACE Academy Director.
Applications must be received by the deadline noted above to be considered. Because capacity is limited, only completed applications will be considered.
Incomplete registrations will not be considered for admission and all documents will be discarded.
Dates, Times and Location(s)
- Learn the qualities of leadership
- Receive introductory education on being an Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Take field trips to aviation-related facilities
- Take a maintenance tour at a US Air Force Base Tour
- Tour American Airlines Tech Ops (Maintenance)
- Perform a hands-on maintenance exercise
- Meet professionals from across the aviation and aerospace community
- Receive a Discovery Flight
Payment must be made during online registration.
Students will need money only if they intend to purchase personal items and are responsible for keeping their own funds.
Students will experience various aspects of aviation through classroom instruction, experiments, and field trips. The highlight of the week is the small aircraft flight. Below is our current schedule for 2022. (subject to minor changes)
July 11-15, 2022
ACE Academy Locations Map
View all Ace Academies
- Project Aerospace
- Aerospace Professionals in School (APIS)
- Aerospace Career Education (ACE) Academy
- Solo Flight Academy (SFA)
- Luke Weathers Flight Academy (LWFA)
- Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP)
- View All Programs
- Program Regions