Aerospace Professional Development Program
The Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP) is designed to assist in critical professional decision-making through mentoring, scholarships, and career advancement opportunities.
OBAP members who are industry veterans provide career guidance through workshops, one-to-one coaching, and roundtable discussions to nearly 4,000 aspiring aerospace professionals each year.
APDP Success Stories
First Officer Quentin Myers attributes the dedication and rigorous preparation given by members of APDP to his being fully prepared to excel in an interview with Delta Air Lines and ultimately land the job.
“I am so thankful for the opportunity to have worked with First Officer Jamie Jameson and Captain Joel Gudger, and I can honestly say that if it weren’t for the time and effort they devoted to my success, that my interview would not have been as successful as it was.”
- First Officer Quentin Myers
Career mentorship involves taking a critical look at the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and desires of interested individuals and helping them make strategic steps toward achieving personal career goals. Through support from OBAP’s Aerospace Professional Development Program, mentorship provides:
- Industry outlook
- Timeline for participant’s entry and advancements criteria
- Professional goals
- Constraints on achieving goals
- Educational requirements and goals
- Project Aerospace
- Aerospace Professionals in School (APIS)
- Aerospace Career Education (ACE) Academy
- Solo Flight Academy (SFA)
- Luke Weathers Flight Academy (LWFA)
- Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP)
- View All Programs
- Program Regions