OBAP AVE Academy
The Aerospace Virtual Education (AVE) Academy is designed to expose youth to a wide variety of career opportunities in aviation.
This two-day virtual academy will provide an opportunity for students to learn about the history of aerospace, fundamentals of aerodynamics, the role of government in aviation, and the many careers available in the aviation industry.
Students will meet aviation professionals and participate in virtual field trips to a variety of aerospace and aviation facilities.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Meet the Team
Theo Granville Smith
The Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals ACE Academy is a nationally recognized program co-sponsored by the Federal Aviation Administration. (FAA) and the National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees (NBCFAE).
Our Aerospace Virtual Education (AVE) Academy builds on the concept of the ACE Academy program by offering first-level exposure to the aerospace industry by providing aerospace career exploration for middle and high school students. Academy participants learn about aviation history, theory of flight, and other aerospace-related subjects. Students will have the opportunity to go on virtual field trips, listen to guest speakers, and have an immersive virtual hands-on experience.
As a participant in the AVE Academy, students will:
- Receive introductory aviation education
- Take virtual field trips to different aviation-related facilities
- Be introduced to aviation history
- Learn the qualities of leadership
- Meet professionals from the aerospace community
The program is free for all to apply and participate.
Applications will be screened and processed on a first-come basis until all available slots for the program has been filled.
- Submit a completed online AVE Academy application
- Write and submit an essay of one page (400 words or less) expressing interest in aerospace. Essays may include your hobbies, civic involvement, and extra-curricular activities
- Submit a copy of your most recent official school transcript or report card indicating your cumulative GPA
Incomplete packages will not be considered for admission.
Admission is offered to boys and girls from 13 to 18 years old who have an interest in learning about aerospace. Applicants are competitively ranked based on age, cumulative GPA, and essay.
- High standards of behavior and self-discipline are expected, and students must abide by all academy regulations.
- Parents or guardians must attend a virtual orientation on August 16 before programs begin.
AVE registration is now closed. Complete the form below to be notified when registration opens.
Contact AVE Academy
Have questions, contact the AVE Academy team.
- Project Aerospace
- Aerospace Professionals in School (APIS)
- Aerospace Career Education (ACE) Academy
- Solo Flight Academy (SFA)
- Luke Weathers Flight Academy (LWFA)
- Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP)
- View All Programs
- Program Regions