Youth Development Program
The OBAP Youth Development Program (YDP) exists to enrich the lives of students through one-on-one guidance through life, education, and career preparation. We will build healthy relationships to accomplish the mission through consistent conversations on success-oriented strategies and face-to-face and/or school visits (when possible).
Students will be matched with a fully trained, vetted and background checked mentor with a career background in aviation and aerospace. Mentor-mentee relationships will last a minimum of one year unless changes are requested by a parent or YDP administrator.
YDP Mentees must:
- Be a high school student in grades 11 or 12, or a college student
- Complete the YDP mentee application, YDP entry essay, and parent required documentation.
- Adhere to the YDP Program Manual and all OBAP rules
To request a mentor, students must apply by March 15, 2022.
Follow OBAP @
Meet the Team
Black Aerospace Professionals
is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization
19 Mantua Rd.
Mt. Royal NJ 08061
- Project Aerospace
- Aerospace Professionals in School (APIS)
- Aerospace Career Education (ACE) Academy
- Solo Flight Academy (SFA)
- Luke Weathers Flight Academy (LWFA)
- Aerospace Professional Development Program (APDP)
- View All Programs
- Program Regions